Physicians who specialize in sports medicine are trained in the treatment and prevention of many illnesses and injuries. They are particularly important to sports teams, athletes, and those who engage in active lifestyles. These medical professionals are trained in the following areas:
- Emergency medicine
- Family medicine
- Internal medicine
- Pediatrics or physical rehabilitation
Active with sports teams like youth level groups, the NCAA, NFL, NBA, WNBA, MLS, NHL, and Olympic teams, some of these specialists provide surgical options while others provide non-surgical therapies. In the Virginia Beach region, we have some great sports medicine physicians.
Who are the Best Sports Medicine Physicians in Virginia Beach?
- Direct Performance Physical Therapy is located at 2247, W. Great Neck Rd., Ste 101. They can be contacted at 757-742-3778 for their Virginia Beach Office and 757-609-0048 for their Norfolk office. This practice specializes in movement dysfunction and they provide services including:
- Help with muscular and joint pain
- Postural and movement enhancement
- Postoperative rehabilitation
- Injury prevention and athletic enhancement
- Functional injury recovery
- Sports massage therapy
- Dry needling/trigger point therapy
- Post-rehab fitness training
- OrthoVirginia Virginia Beach is located at 1849 Old Donation Pkwy., Virginia Beach VA 23454. They can be contacted at 757-422-8476. Formerly known as the Virginia Institute of Sports Medicine (VISM), the board-certified physicians with the practice provide both surgical and non-surgical treatment for adults and children. They offer a variety of specialties, such as:
- Electrodiagnostic medicine
- General orthopedics
- Orthobiologic therapy
- Jordan-Young Institute is located at 5716 Cleveland St, Ste 200, Virginia Beach, VA. You can contact this practice at 757-490-4802. Both nationally and internationally recognized for their quality surgical services, this practice offers treatment for injuries to the following:
- Regenerative Medicine
- Physical Therapy
How can You Find Help for Your Injuries in Virginia Beach?
If you were injured by a negligent party, you may need to seek counsel and treatment from an array of medical providers. Expensive tests will be administered and the treatment plan may be long-term. You must be compensated for these damages so that you experience no interruptions in your much-needed care.
Scott R. Barney, Esq., cares about victims in Virginia. As a third-generation Virginia personal injury attorney, he has extensive experience practicing personal injury law in the state. After an accident in which you sustain injuries, you should be able to focus on your own healing, not the legal complex challenges ahead. As a Hampton Roads head and spine injury attorney, Scott understands the challenges that rehabilitation and recovery put on a victim. These injuries are some of the most catastrophic and debilitating that victims have to endure.
There is a two-year statute of limitations for bringing your personal injury claim in Virginia. Do not wait to get the ball rolling so you can see a fair settlement as soon as possible. Call my Virginia Beach serious injury law office to set up a free consultation at (757) 296-8343 today.